Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Marathon Reflections (Apr 1st)

Today being my second day of 4 mile practice towards Marine Corps Marathon October 25th I was quite excited. Especially because I registered for it today along with Varun. I know I need to go from 4 to 26.2 but its encouraging that I finished 4 miles in half hour.

Today was a fun run because it was raining. To my surprise the running track was not empty. Track being next to FDR Dr., passing by cars splashed water on runners which was surprisingly ok and I didn't even try to avoid them. There was a layer of water on the track which when looking down gives a perception of running on water and you can see your reflection.
My current mile stone is from 18th street (My Apt) south to Cherry street and back which is total of 4 miles.

I wanted to inspire and get inspiration from friends who might decide to run this year. So far Varun fell into this category which is a very good start. I have seen in the past that I perform very well in competitive environment.

No comments: